* Iran’s Nuclear Weapons Weeks Away Since the Biden administration assumed office, the nuclear talks with Iran have gone nowhere.
* Dermer: ‘World won’t stop Iran from acquiring nuclear bomb’ “No one wanted North Korea and Pakistan to get nuclear weapons, but it happened,” says former Israeli ambassador to the United States Ron Dermer in a special holiday interview.
* Lapid in Moscow: If the world doesn’t stop a nuclear Iran, Israel will act Foreign minister tells Russian counterpart that while Israel recognizes Moscow’s interests in Syria, ‘we’ll maintain our ability to defend ourselves’; Lavrov to visit Israel soon.
* Lebanon gets new government amid deepening crisis A new government has been announced in Lebanon – over a year after the previous administration quit following the devastating Beirut port explosion.
* An EU army: The end of NATO or an unrealistic solo venture with little chance of success? Following the US’ disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan, there have been renewed calls for the creation of a European Union military force.
* The War on Terror Was Never Turkey’s Fight For 20 years, Turkey has had an ambiguous relationship with the US war on terror.
* Palestinians declare Friday ‘day of rage’ in support of prisoners Top Fatah official visits families of escaped inmates as Day of Rage commences.
* Libyan presidential contender offers Israel recognition for backing A high-ranking Israeli security official paid a secret visit to Tripoli in the last week of August as guest of Col. Saddam Haftar, son of Libyan National Army chief, Maj. Gen, Khalif Haftar, US intelligence sources report.
* Is Israel Ready? Iran Is Upgrading its Drone Arsenal The Fotros drone is the Iranian Predator drone.
* Iran, China and Russia make PR hay from U.S. Afghanistan withdrawal “They were right there staring us in the face the whole time,” Barnett Rubin, a former senior adviser at the State Department, said.